From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New category proposal
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:32:07
1 maillog: 11/05/2005-10:33:23(-0500): Brian Harring types
2 > The original request was having a package turn up in multiple
3 > categories for searching, right?
4
5 Actually, that was a side effect. The original request was to stop
6 moving packages around, which is the most annoying part and is also the
7 part that consumes a lot of effort. After all, this started as a result
8 of a discussion about the new name of a category. There were also talks
9 about whether some package should be in here or there... Having a flat
10 tree is one way to solve the discussed problem and which would also
11 allow me to find some package quickly. The flat tree request I, at
12 least personally, am willing to drop if you offer an alternative
13 solution to the keep-them-package-atoms-fixed-once-and-for-all problem.
14 Ahem, by an "atom" in this sentence I was referring to the CP part of
15 CPV.
18 \/ Georgi Georgiev \/ When all other means of communication \/
19 /\ chutz@×××.net /\ fail, try words. /\
20 \/ +81(90)2877-8845 \/ \/