From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:20:55
1 Corey Shields wrote:
2 > GLI a third direction (while kicking anyone who wishes to
3 > run with them in the nuts).
4
5 What is your problem with the installer project? Over the past year or so, there
6 have been *2* people that complained about us treating them badly. The first
7 person was the genux guy. While he may not have deserved it then, I think most
8 of us can agree that he deserved it now :P The second complaint was from a
9 person that definitely deserved what he got. He was harassing us trying to use
10 the GPL to *force* us to give him the spec files used to generate the
11 experimental X LiveCD. We wouldn't give it to him because 1) we didn't have it
12 (wolf31o2 did), and 2) it would not work with the released version of catalyst.
13
14 What you don't see is the interaction with releng and the portage folks, the
15 people that are building their own CDs with the installer, the patches and
16 suggestions we accept from people who have used the installer, etc. Unless
17 you're actually going to do some research into our project before bitching about
18 it, please pick another project to harass.
21 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
22 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list