From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?]
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:16:17
1 Oops. Let's try again.
2 -g2boojum-
3
4 > > Ok, it seems most people like dhcpcd being part of system. Then let me
5 > > ask another question: Is there a way to get rid of packages in system
6 > > that works with world upgrades without creating my own local profile?
7 > > Making my own profile probably isn't difficult, but it needs to be
8 > > maintained. And all I want is to get rid of 2 or 3 packages that I don't
9 > > need/want to be installed.
10 > > If there is no such way maybe it should be implemented, or is there a
11 > > reason not to do it?
12 >
13 > What I've done in the past is make my own /etc/make.profile directory
14 > that contains a fixed "packages" file along with symlinks to the files
15 > in the default profile directory.
16 >
17 > I still favor having a minimal default system with a "posix", or
18 > "standard unix", or "lsb", or whatever metapackage that the user can
19 > install.
20 >
21 > Best,
22 > g2boojum