From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo @ LinuxTag 2005?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:21:36
1 * Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com> [05/03/14 12:14 +1100]:
2 > One suggestion: last year the Gentoo contingent seemed to have missed
3 > out on the keysigning that was held at LinuxTag, which I thought was a
4 > rather large lost opportunity.
5
6 I took part the year before. But did you ever attended a
7 keysigning-party with 200 persons? You need a whole day for
8 signing the keys :-/
9
10 > Manning a booth always takes persistence and effort, but I would
11 > encourage a conscientious effort for any Gentoo devs or users at
12 > LinuxTag this year to participate in the keysigning.
13
14 By the way: We drank beer together, did we also signed keys? ;-)
15
16 > ++
17 >
18 > The other thing that often happens when you man a booth is that the
19 > people doing so end up missing everything else that is going on. As a
20 > generic example, last year Ian Murdoch gave a keynote (!) at LinuxTag,
21 > and none of the Debian developers who were busy manning their booth even
22 > knew he was speaking.
23 >
24 > The technical conference side of LinuxTag is significant, and I
25 > encourage people to attend as many sessions as they can.
26
27 Well. I like manning a booth or installing Gentoo on a HP
28 Quad-Opteron or even have a talk with an interesting person
29 more than watching a lot of talks.
30
31 But as we should be enough Devs this year, we probably could
32 prepare a schedule, so that some could visit some talks.
33 And as our experience for preparing booths grew within the
34 last two years we will do the presentation of Gentoo at
35 LinuxTag ever ;-)
36
37 Regards, Lars