From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild dependency question
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 01:58:32
1 Hi!
2
3 > > Since there's no imlib or gdk-pixbuf USE flags, I don't consider
4 > >them a dependency and let the ./configure script decide. Same with
5 > >libglade support - build it if ./configure can find it.
6 >
7 > We can't let the ./configure script decide since it leads to
8 > inconsistent .tbz2 packages (things will be different depending on
9 > what system it's built on.) I would use gdk-pixbuf by default; it's
10 > newer, and imlib seems to be gradually becoming obsolete.
11
12 I'm not sure if every project is switching to gdk-pixbuf. I know that
13 the GNOME project are making Imlib obsolete in favor of
14 gdk-pixbuf. What I've done in other ebuilds are to (for now) use the
15 gnome USE-flag for this descision. If gnome is set, use gdk-pixbuf
16 instead of Imlib. For now I think this is valid but that will probably
17 change in the future if more projects switch to gdk-pixbuf.
18
19 Regards,
20 Mikael Hallendal
23 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
24 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
25 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918