From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:28:48
1 On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 03:55:57 +0200, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > Tim Yamin wrote:
4 > >Speaking of which, has anybody done any tests with svk?
5 > >(http://svk.elixus.org)
6 > >And: http://svk.elixus.org/?WhySVK -- it would be interesting to compare
7 > >checkout performance on it as well.
8 >
9 > I've been planning to do a more detailed comparison of all the popular
10 > SCM's out there for probably 6 months, but I just don't have the time
11 > right now. If someone wants to pick this up, please let us know.
12
13 The opensolaris project has done a similar thing[1]. The three finalists
14 were bazaar[2], mercurial[3] and git[4], and the winner was eventually
15 mercurial. This is also the recommended choice from the EuroBSDcon
16 slides, so definitely something to consider.
17
18 Regards,
19 /Alexandre
20
21 [1] http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/tools-discuss/2006-April/000366.html
22 [2] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/bzr-eval/
23 [3] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/dcm_evaluation_mercurial/
24 [4] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/git-eval.txt
27 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.