From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of "Console log for $HOSTNAME" at X startup]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:09:44
1 tor 2001-09-27 klockan 22.04 skrev Viktor Lakics:
2 > HI MIkael,
3 >
4 > I installed xfce, set initdefault to 3, and started X with startxfce (just to
5 > avoid even running kdm). Even in this KDE-free environment, I had this weird
6 > Console log window showing up...Then I started looking at config files, and
7 > found it finally: /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0, which looks like this:
8 >
9 > #!/bin/sh
10 > # $Xorg: Xsetup_0,v 1.3 2000/08/17 19:54:17 cpqbld Exp $
11 > xconsole -geometry 480x130-0-0 -daemon -notify -verbose -fn fixed -exitOnFail
12 > QT_XFT=1
13 >
14 > I commented out the xconsole line and voila, the console log disappeared...
15 >
16 > What is this Xsetup_0 for? Is it allright to comment that line out? I had the
17 > strange impression that before I run KDM, there might be something else
18 > running with its own settings (I have the KDM login window on a grey
19 > backround (similar to that which shows up when you try to set up X, but
20 > things do not pan out) and even though I have the background set up with a
21 > wallpaper in KDE login manager, it does not show up...
22
23 Hi!
24
25 I have no idea what this is about. Perhaps Dan Amark does? He's the one
26 responsible for KDE-stuff.
27
28 Regards,
29 Mikael Hallendal
33 Mikael Hallendal
34 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
35 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden