From: "Frédéric Pierret" <frederic.pierret@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: binhost
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 12:26:20
1 Le 2/10/21 à 9:04 PM, Frédéric Pierret a écrit :
4 > Le 2/10/21 à 6:57 PM, Andreas K. Hüttel a écrit :
5 >> Hi all,
6 >>
7 >> I'm announcing a new project here - "binhost"
8 >>
9 >> "The Gentoo Binhost project aims to provide readily installable, precompiled
10 >> packages for a subset of configurations, via central binary package hosting.
11 >> Currently we are still in the conceptual planning stage. "
12 >>
13 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Binhost
14 >>
15 >> If you're interested in helping out, feel free to add yourself on the wiki
16 >> page.
17 >>
18 >> Note that I see actually *building* the packages not as the central point of
19 >> the project (that could be e.g. a side effect of a tinderbox). I'm more
20 >> concerned about
21 >> * what configurations should we use
22 >> * what portage features are still needed or need improvements (e.g. binpkg
23 >> signing and verification)
24 >> * how should hosting look like
25 >> * and how we can test this on a limited scale before it goes "into production"
26 >> * ...
27 >>
28 >> Comments, ideas, flamebaits? :D
29 >>
30 >> Cheers,
31 >> Andreas
34 > Hi Andreas,
35 >
36 > I'm pretty interested to help for this topic. Notably, for my work on creating and maintaining Gentoo template for Qubes OS, I'm weekly constructing binpkgs mirrors in order to ease rebuilding from scratch Gentoo templates and also for CI purposes. So I would be glad to help the whole Gentoo community in such efforts.
37 >
38 > I'm also following a very interesting work here on portage: https://github.com/gentoo/portage/pull/562
39 >
40 > Best regards,
41 > Frédéric
44 Hi,
45
46 A quick update here, I'm currently testing and validating the work done in https://github.com/gentoo/portage/pull/562 in order to give some feedback to Zac hoping we could have this new feature for gpkg available soon in Portage.
47
48 If anyone wants to try, you just have to use @RinCat branch. I've simply emerged Portage by replacing in portage-9999.ebuild:
49
50 EGIT_REPO_URI="https://github.com/RinCat/portage.git"
51 EGIT_BRANCH="gpkg"
52
53 and a quick make.conf example can be found in here: https://github.com/gentoo/portage/pull/562#issuecomment-797112962.
54
55 As of today, the gpkg and signature are working properly. I'm currently building a Gentoo from scratch with this feature and then, I would use it as binhost with signature validation enabled.
56
57 Best regards,
58 Frédéric

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature