From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Add LCD_DEVICES to USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:18:43
1 Hi *,
2
3 both app-misc/lcdproc and app-misc/lcd4linux can use numerous kinds of
4 displays. The device selections are right now handled via environment
5 variables and/or single use flags.
6
7 I would like to unify possible devices via the USE_EXPAND'ed
8 LCD_DEVICES. Right now, this would contain about 50 devices [1].
9
10 Out of these, some common devices should be installed by default (these
11 are considered default by lcdproc upstream, too):
12 LCD_DEVICES="bayrad CFontz CFontz633 curses CwLnx glk lb216 lcdm001
13 MtxOrb pyramid text"
14
15 This will of course introduce changes in the configurations for lcdproc
16 and lcd4linux users, but I think that it needs to be done and the
17 changes are mostly renaming USE flags and environment variables.
18
19 If no one objects, I'd like to implement these changes. But there are
20 some questions still open:
21 * Who will add the entries to base/make.defaults? Can I do this?
22 * Should the defaults and the USE_EXPAND entry be in base/ even though
23 both programs do not are not keyworded for all arches?
24
25 Regards,
26
27 Robert