From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:48:09
1 On Wednesday 17 May 2006 17:21, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:13:31 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | At this point I don't see that paludis is ready for such thing.
6 >
7 > How would you know?
8 >
9 > | In any case I think that optimally a package manager does not require
10 > | its own profile.
11 >
12 > Perhaps you should look at how much Portage stuff there is in the
13 > profiles. The Portage-specific things are why Paludis needs its own
14 > profile.
15
16 I couldn't find anything in the "default-linux/x86" profile. Could you
17 perhaps point something out for me. I realise that there is a lot of
18 *ebuild* specific stuff there. That has more to do with what an ebuild is
19 than what portage does though.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze