From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Error compiling sawfish-20020611.ebuild
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:19:53
1 begin quote
2 On 17 Jun 2002 13:04:47 -0400
3 Richard Reich <rreich@×××××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Here is the error, is there anything I can do to fix this?
6 >
7 > Thanks
8 > Richard Reich
9
10 1) Read ChangeLog. Its been a documented fact that Sawfish snapshots
11 are broken and fail to compile for quite some time now.
12 2) http://bugs.gentoo.org/ Has at least two exactly the same entries.
13
14 3) its also been in the forums.
15
16 4) its been in my private mails too.
17
18 5) file bugs upstream or Fix it. the only reason its still there, is
19 because the noise of it being broken is less than the noise I recieved
20 when I stubbornly declined to include it because it was just that...
21 broken.
22
23 Sorry to appear irritated, but I am, I've been facing broken snapshots
24 since april, and so far I've gotten no solid documentation on what makes
25 it build, and quite some pointers that "but they have it".
28 Yours,
29 Irritable Maintainer.
30
31 aka. Spider
37 begin .signature
38 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
40 end