From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/env.d/46kdepaths belongs to arts.. error?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:35:15
1 On Saturday 02 July 2005 15:12, Niklas Herder wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature, so I haven't filed a bug yet...
5 >
6 > After some upgrading and maintenance, kdm wasn't found by the xdm script
7 > on my box.
8 >
9 > After some investigations, I found that /etc/env.d/46kdepaths was gone.
10 > When I checked on another computer what package that file belongs to, it
11 > turned
12 > out that the missing package was arts, which I don't use.
13 When building with USE=-arts kdelibs installs this file instead. If you built
14 with USE=arts and then unmerged arts your system is broken anyway and you
15 need to remerge kdelibs with the updated USE.
18 > Isn't this a bit weird? Shouldn't the paths belong to kdebase or some
19 > other more
20 > basic kde package?
21 Arguably a separate, slotted ebuild whose job would be just to install this
22 file would be nicer...
23 At least arts is going away with kde 3.x :-)
26 Dan Armak
27 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
28 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
29 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951