From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] figuring out what files I need for a HPPA install
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 05:40:48
1 I posted this on -user 1 1/2 hours ago, but I haven't gotten a response and I
2 need this for tomorrow.
3
4 Tomorrow, I'm going to a friend's house to try to install Gentoo on his HP
5 7100/715 machine. I've got the latest HPPA LiveCD, the latest stage tarballs for
6 HPPA, and a couple portage snapshots. Now, I want to know what distfiles I'm
7 going to need for a given portage snapshot. Would something like the following
8 work from my x86 Gentoo box?
9
10 tar -C /tmp/portage -xjf portage-20040607.tar.bz2
11 PORTDIR="/tmp/portage" ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="-* hppa" emerge -epf system >
12 /tmp/distfiles.txt
13 mkdir /tmp/distfiles
14 cd /tmp/distfiles
15 wget -i /tmp/distfiles.txt
16
17 Would this give me all of the distfiles that I'll need to bootstrap and run
18 'emerge system' on the HPPA machine?
21 Andrew Gaffney
22 Network Administrator
23 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.