From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] figuring out what files I need for a HPPA install
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 05:40:48
I posted this on -user 1 1/2 hours ago, but I haven't gotten a response and I
need this for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a friend's house to try to install Gentoo on his HP
7100/715 machine. I've got the latest HPPA LiveCD, the latest stage tarballs for
HPPA, and a couple portage snapshots. Now, I want to know what distfiles I'm
going to need for a given portage snapshot. Would something like the following
work from my x86 Gentoo box?

tar -C /tmp/portage -xjf portage-20040607.tar.bz2
PORTDIR="/tmp/portage" ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="-* hppa" emerge -epf system >
/tmp/distfiles.txt
mkdir /tmp/distfiles
cd /tmp/distfiles
wget -i /tmp/distfiles.txt

Would this give me all of the distfiles that I'll need to bootstrap and run
'emerge system' on the HPPA machine?

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator