From: Tom Wesley <tawesley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo for production servers.]
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:39:18
1 Since People seem to like the idea, is there any chance of developing
2 along this line of thought?
5 -----Forwarded Message-----
6 From: rd <rdg@××××××××××××.com>
7 To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>
8 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo for production servers.
9 Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:16:40 -0600
10
11 On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 16:08, Tom Wesley wrote:
12
13 > I think that there is a high degree of probability that
14 > portage-ng(-ng(-ng)) ;) will include some form of tree selection. I
15 > personally would like to see something like this. Either pointing to a
16 > completely different rsync server set, or having a extended set of
17 > architecture definitions. I prefer the latter, as in x86-server,
18 > ~x86-server, x86-desktop, x86-testing and the like. Security updates
19 > would of course need to penetrate all types here. Maybe ~x86 and x86
20 > simply isn't enough of a split between what is stable and what isn't
21 > anymore, especially because enterprise server people are looking at
22 > Gentoo.
23 >
24 > Just my 2p...
25
26 Tom --
27
28 I think that this is a good approach. It would surely work for me.
29 Have you been following portage-ng-ng-ng? Is this idea being consider?
30 Have you sent this to the portage-dev list? Would you....
31
32 -rdg
33 --
34 Tom Wesley