From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] verifying profiles/package.mask comment format
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 04:30:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 Is there interest in enforcing some basic QA for the semi-formatted
4 comments in profiles/package.mask (and possibly other profiles file
5 types)? I have code implementing the basic functionality done for
6 pkgcheck, but wondered if the format should be standardized and
7 documented more than it may be already before support is merged.
8
9 Also, I'm unsure it's been noticed but `pkgcheck scan --commits` now
10 verifies any profile changes done in git commits so this support would
11 automatically get run for package.mask changes (and other enabled files)
12 when using pkgcheck locally in that fashion.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Tim