From: "Kurt V. Hindenburg" <khindenburg@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] patches for multple DISTDIRS
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:24:12

I have a couple of beta patches to handle multple DISTDIRS.

1. Patches portage.py
2. Patches ebuild.sh

http://www.cherrynebula.net/projects/portage-kvh/portage-kvh.html

Adds a new variable in /etc/make.conf called DISTDIRS.
Example : DISTDIRS="/mnt/cdr /mnt/cdrw"
1. Looks in DISTDIR as normal
2. If not found looks through each directory in DISTDIRS.
3. If found, modified settings[] to point to directory found.
   Example : PDL_2_3_4_tar_gz=/tmp
    Here, PDL-2.3.4.tar.gz was found in /tmp
   This allow a patched ebuild.sh to unpack the file.

Not tested:
  emerging multiple packages at once...
  cvs-src
  ???

I don't really expect this to go into portage; but I would appreciate
any feedback.

Right now they output some debugging lines... I'll be cleaning it up
further soon...

- --

 Kurt
- ---
  There is no good and evil; there is only power.