From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Begin a dev-libs/nodejs category?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 20:44:35
1 On 03/20/2018 04:14 PM, Herb Miller Jr. wrote:
2 > That is scary. I hadn't noticed there are node_modules directories under
3 > many node modules and that npm list outputs different versions of the
4 > same dependency. To help me better understand the situation, when you
5 > see this happen does "bar-1.0" normally depend on "baz-1.0" because...
6 >
7 > A) There is some huge technical hurdle in upgrading to "baz-2.0"?
8 > B) I was too lazy or didn't care to upgrade to "baz-2.0"?
9 > C) My package.json is outdated?
10 >
11 > If A, can you point me to a good example I can take a look at?
12
13 It's usually B or C, but I hit several cases where there was a real
14 incompatibility. When I opened Github issues, I got a lot of WONTFIX
17 No particular examples come to mind, though -- this was about 2.5 years ago.