From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Removing default-darwin profiles
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:21:07
1 Hi all,
2
3 After a (basically too) long while, I finally managed to drop the
4 ppc-macos keyword from all packages in gentoo-x86. All packages that
5 were keyworded are "moved to prefix", which basically means that the
6 keyword lives on there in a (in most cases slightly modified) copy of
7 the ebuild from the main tree. In the Prefix tree, also the x86-macos
8 keyword is found, which is quite more popular than ppc-macos these days.
9
10 I basically want to finish the job by removing the entire default-darwin
11 directory from the profiles directory. Everything what's in it, is
12 legacy and out of date. I think it serves absolutely no purpose any
13 more, and it would just clean up when removed. Prefix doesn't have this
14 profile directory either, so it also will never get restored from my
15 point of view.
16
17 Before doing so I'd like to hear if anyone has objections to removing
18 it, and the keyword + profile from arch.list and profiles.desc. Also,
19 do I forget anything?
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level
25 --