From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] i have an idea ! (erescue)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:44:38
1 On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 22:24 +0100, Carlos Silva wrote:
2 > > i dont think it'd be too hard to integrate this 'rescue set' into a catalyst
3 > > target so that it'll become part of our normal release schedule of stage
4 > > tarballs
5
6 Weren't we just talking about people proposing work for other projects
7 without consulting them... ;]
8
9 Anyway, catalyst 2.0, which is what the current HEAD version of catalyst
10 will become once it is released, has a "stage4" target, which is capable
11 of adding or subtracting packages from a stage3, or rebuilding them with
12 new USE flags.
13
14 Added with the recently added portage 2.0.51.22, which does proper USE
15 flag checking when using both --usepkg and --newuse, we can easily
16 create a rescue tarball. I don't think that catalyst2 will be ready in
17 time for the next release, however, as we were not planning on rocking
18 the boat quite that much for the release.
21 Chris Gianelloni
23 Games - Developer
24 Gentoo Linux