From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Implementing udev without an initramfs (Was: Stability of /sys api)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:21:16
1 On 05/19/2012 10:36 PM, Steven J Long wrote:
2 > 1) Random linkage into /usr/lib
3 > ..shows only /sbin/umount.udisks, an optional desktop dep, linking to /usr
4 > here.
5
6 I know you propably meant this as an example, but I've fixed it months
7 ago by moving it to /usr:
8
9 http://bugs.gentoo.org/398081
10
11 Then vapier kindly fixed util-linux's umount to look for umount.*
12 wrappers also from /usr:
13
14 http://bugs.gentoo.org/403073
15
16 I'm only waiting for new util-linux to stabilize, to stabilize new
17 udisks, to get it out of /
18
19 (And rest of your post was boring repeat of the old. If you don't have
20 anything new and constructive to add, I recommend staying quiet or at
21 least moving this to some other ML, like gentoo-user.)
22
23 - Samuli