From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for sys-libs/ldetect{,-lst}
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 10:45:33
1 While digging in the tree, I found this pair.
2
3 1. sys-apps/ldetect-lst has been broken for the last 9 months since
4 perl-MDK-Common was removed from the tree.
5 2. Both of them are live CVS ebuilds, there are no fixed versions
6 available (upstream does have outdated SRPMs).
7 3. The ONLY bug ever filed for either of them was a recent one because
8 the upstream homepage changed (cvs.Mandrake moved to cvs.Mandriva).
9 4. Nothing in the tree depends on them.
10
11 So if there are no objections, I'll mask them in a week, and remove them
12 in a month.
13
14 If there is a demand for them, I've got a non-CVS ebuild for the base
15 sys-libs/ldetect, but ldetect-lst is a lost cause (the perl module needs
16 to come back for starters).
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85