From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: TeXLive modular ebuilds ready(?) for the main portage tree
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:16:49
1 Hi,
4 > I would be strongly in favour of adding also the tex-base virtual [1].
5
6 +1
7
8 > Packages requiring plain TeX are now migrated to IUSE=tex, as
9 > suggested in bug #196745 [2], and it is not consistent if they must
10 > now depend on virtual/latex-base.
11 >
12 > Of course one could add explicit any-of-many dependencies for
13 > texlive-core or {te,p,cste}tex everywhere, but I think it is much
14 > better if this is handled in one place.
17 I've fixed a typo for cstetex (cstex doesnt exist, oops ^^). Anyway, I
18 doubt anybody will try to resurect it and it'll be gone in a few weeks.
19
20 Note that plain.tex is provided by texlive-basic, so stricto senso it
21 doesn't provide support for "Plain TeX", only TeX. It also provides
22 kpathsea, so packages using only kpathsea might benefit from it also.
23
24 If nobody is against it, feel free to commit this (with or without
25 cstetex, as you wish, I'll kill references to it before removing it
26 anyway); or I'll do it when I'll have some time, most likely this week
27 end.
28
29 Regards,
30