From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] doinst recursive?
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:06:28
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm new to gentoo. I want just to say that it is great!
4
5 However I have a problem installing acroread-5.05 in gentoo 1.2.
6
7 I have already written a simple ebuild file for a package; I know
8 already the basics for writing packages, but I was unable to find
9 an extensive reference of commands (doins, dodir etc).
10
11 When merge acroread-5.05-r3 I get /opt/Acrobat5/ withoud the necessary
12 subdirectories.
13
14 The subdirectories are not copied in the install phase:
15
16 doins: warning, skipping directory Browsers/intellinux
17 doins: warning, skipping directory Reader/help
18 doins: warning, skipping directory Reader/intellinux
19 doins: warning, skipping directory Reader/res
20
21 the code is:
22
23 for i in Browsers Reader Resource
24 do
25 insinto ${INSTALLDIR}
26 doins ${i}/*
27 done
28
29 I don't understand why it doesn't work on gentoo-1.2 while it works on a
30 gentoo-1.1a.
31
32 Thanks in advance.
33