From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New distfile mirror layout
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 09:34:17
1 On 29-10-2019 05:27:37 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2019-10-29 at 00:24 +0100, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > > Today you get chastised for using /space/distfiles-local and not
6 > > > following policy changes. The devmanual states that it's deprecated
7 > > > since at least 2011, and talks of using d.g.o [1].
8 > > > [1]
9 > > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/mirrors/index.html#suitable-download-hosts
10 > >
11 > > Sorry I'm late to the party, but I would like to enquire about what happens
12 > > if a file with existing filename but different b2sum gets uploaded to
13 > > /space/distfiles-local now?
14 >
15 > The same as before. It gets put in top-level disfiles directory.
16 > Hashes are calculated from filenames, so this wouldn't affect it. That
17 > is, if it put those files in subdirectories in the first place because
18 > it doesn't.
19
20 /space/distfiles-local is no longer copied to the mirrors? or just not
21 copied in the subdir-hierarchy?
22
23 > > Doing so and updating the Manifest used to be another (not necessarily
24 > > preferred) method to address upstream remaking release packages.
27 > It's no longer valid.
28
29 Just wondering. Do you mean it isn't valid that some upstreams do this
30 (yes horror)? We surely need a way to work around that ...
31
32 Thanks,
33 Fabian
37 Fabian Groffen