From: Robert Schrem <robert.schrem@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Disfunctional AltGr on german keyboard, Kups crashes ?!
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:42:20
My Gentoo system is getting better and better...
But: I've got still a localisation problem I can't
solve due to lack of deep knowlege on X-Windows:

I tried to bend gentoo-1.0-rc3 to work probably
with german keyboard. In /etc/rc.d/configure/basic
I applyed the folowing edits:

And somewhere else I changed en_US to
de_DE (don't remember the place, it was somewhere
pretty obious). After a reboot my keyboard worked
just like it should - except in X-Windows.

After doing

localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE

it went better, the letters öäüÖÄÜß are working
now (as you can see!). But all letters that I can
only reach by using the AltGr key shift are still
disfuctional (for now I'm doomed to copy paste
letters like @ one by one - pretty ugly. hmmm)

Can anybody give me some hints?

PS: Is it only me that suffers from the regulary
crashing Kups program to set up CUPS?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Disfunctional AltGr on german keyboard, Kups crashes ?! (Achim Gottinger)