From: "Ciaravino
To: "'werner.van.belle@××××××.be'" <werner.van.belle@××××××.be>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] XFree halts system with some C++ codes running ( in particular, Diffpack) on SMP kernel 2.4.19-gentoo-r7
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:59:19
1 i think it is a kernel issue...
2 (i have a dell SMP xeon setup PE2650 and fixing the kernel solved my
3 problems)
4
5 see gentoo bugzilla bug 11095 (and vote for it!!!)
6
7 Hope this helps,
8
9 odiT
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: Werner Van Belle [mailto:werner.van.belle@××××××.be]
13 Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 10:41 AM
14 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
15 Subject: [gentoo-dev] XFree halts system with some C++ codes running (in
16 particular, Diffpack) on SMP kernel 2.4.19-gentoo-r7
20 *** PGP Signature Status: unknown
21 *** Signer: Unknown, Key ID = 0xBFCD7546
22 *** Signed: 12/17/2002 10:41:27 AM
23 *** Verified: 12/20/2002 6:54:23 PM
24 *** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
25
26 This sounds like a hardware problem.
27
28 If you have a dell, contact dell-support, and let them replace your
29 power-supply and io-motherboard. I had similar things happening over here.
30
31 With kind regards,
32
33 Werner,-