From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ideas for projects...
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:20:02
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Submit your ideas here, so we can discuss them. I will be choosing one
3 > idea that we think we can accomplish to test out the idea of
4 > Council-driven projects.
5
6 Construction of a dynamic website for tracking kernel security issues.
7 There are too many of them and too many kernels to do this through the
8 normal GLSA process, and currently users are kept in the dark about
9 fixed security issues.
10
11 Tim had started developing a site for this ("KISS") but it was never
12 finished and had the large downside that it relies upon an operator
13 duplicating lots of information from bugzilla and the ebuild tree into KISS.
14
15 Such a system would be able to automatically pull a large proportion of
16 the required information relatively easily. It would offer functionality
17 to allow users to sign up for security announcements and fixes for their
18 kernel(s) of choice, as well as feeding the same info into a mailing
19 list for all kernels.
20
21 Daniel
22 --