From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla 1.0.1 maybe serious problem!!
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:48:02
1 On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:27:19PM +0200, Tony Clark wrote:
2 > I've narrowed things down a little...well a lot i guess, unmerge
3 > netscape-flash and Mozilla doesn't crash, emerge it back in and it crashes
4 > again on the same site.
5
6 Yea, that's what I thought it would be. Precompiled plugins such as
7 flash or java have bad problems (read crashing) when they are compiled
8 with gcc 2.x and then run on a gcc 3.x system. I can't wait until this
9 is all fixed though :)
10
11 A solution that works for me is to use the codeweavers crossover plugin
12 program, which will let you run the windows version of flash on linux in
13 konq, mozilla, and netscape. Hit www.codeweavers.com for details. It's
14 only something like $25, and it'll make you feel good to support a linux
15 company :)
16
17 alan
20 Alan "Arcterex" <alan@×××××.org> -=][=- http://arcterex.net
21 "I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I
22 think I preferred the cows. They were better conversation, easier to milk, and
23 if they annoyed me enough, I could shoot them and eat them." -Rodger Donaldson