From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Something positive! (was Re: Client-serve flags (again ;))
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:25:00
1 On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:11:53 +0000 Steve Long
2 <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-1053530.html#1053530 <--
4 > > acceptable
5 > >
6 > Um, that was in Off The Wall, which is known to be a bit.. er, off
7 > the wall?
8 >
9 > And idiotic as that post was, he wasn't directing his idiocy at
10 > another user. (I didn't read the whole thread, admittedly, nor am I
11 > about to.)
12
13 You mean, he was offending whole groups of users at once, rather than
14 one person in particular, so it was ok.
15
16 That's pretty much how the forums work. You're fine saying absolutely
17 anything you want about people by category (unless that category is
18 the forum mods or a category including their friends), so long as you
19 doesn't name any individual (unless it's a member of the mips team --
20 it's perfectly ok to say anything you want about any of those).
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
25 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
26 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/