From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:52:56
1 As far as I have read all these replies, I see nobody understood
2 anything at all about existing moderators. These people have done a
3 great job to the community and _NOBODY_ will push them around. If they
4 do not want to bcome staff, they won't as simple as that.
5
6 Get in the situation that because of a new internal policy, 33% of the
7 developers have to be kicked away let's just say (exemplum gratia)
8 they do not play nor like basketball. As you see it's completely
9 senseless. The same happens with the above.
10
11 So please, stop taking it with people that have been there for years
12 doing their job and simply consider innecesary to become official
13 gentoo staff.
14
15 About mods should speak English, well, NOT International mods. There
16 is simply no such need. What we need them is to keep things in order
17 in international forums and give support to users in their own
18 language. The quiz translation might be a point but, our point of view
19 is that only admins and global mods should firstly take the quiz staff
20 if they want.
21
22 P.S. And bear in mind that I _will_ take the quiz.
25 Ioannis Aslanidis
26
27 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
28 <deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
29 <aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
30 <dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>
31
32 Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
33 FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
34 Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
35 Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)
36
37 Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list