From: Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mission critical changes 8) (was: ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 04:17:05
1 On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Morgan Christiansson wrote:
2
3 > Hello everyone *new on the list*
4 >
5 > Thomas Flavel wrote:
6 >
7 > > I was kind of surprised there was no ircd in rc3 - possibly not the most
8 > > important app to have, *but* - and speaking of mission critical changes,
9 > > you know the little graphical tux you can have at boot time? How about
10 > > changing that to a little gentoo spaceship? :)
11 >
12 > Nooo! Make it like this:
13 >
14 > * news:
15 > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/01/04/1336222&mode=nocomment <--
16 > news (slashdot!)
17 > http://linuxnews.pl/news.html?id=38964 <-- news and screenshot 1
18 > screenshot
19 >
20 > * real thing:
21 > http://lpp.freelords.org/ <-- THE patch
22 > http://lpp.freelords.org/Themes.phtml <-- lot's of l33t screenshots
25 Thanks, but not to my personal taste :) I like to see what's going on,
26 though I wouldn't mind a small un obtrustive image I couldn't stand it
27 full screen. Still, for the people that would use it I think it would be
28 nice to have a lpp theme for gentoo, if only for the sake of completness
29 :)
30
31 On a similar note, will the the cd cover images be available from
32 www.gentoo.org?
33
34 - Tom