From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds, Teams and Projects
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:48:47
1 Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo) wrote:
2
3 >It would be useful to know how many people think herds are not
4 >maintainers - if only a few people think this then I suggest it would
5 >be better to accept the common interpretation of herd as a group of
6 >people who can maintain a package.
10 I've always considered herd == maintainer. When a package is related to
11 one of the herd I'm part of, I prefer setting it in metadata.xml instead
12 of adding myself as the maintainer of the package.
13 A herd should be more responsive than a single individual (depending on
14 the size of the herd, of course). Also, it would mean less things to do
15 when the maintainer leaves from Gentoo dev community.