From: Rainer Groesslinger <scandium@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer for dev-util/cvs
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:03:11
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I am currently looking for someone who would like to assist with (or
4 take over, if you wish) maintenance of dev-util/cvs.
5
6 When cvs was unmaintained, I started maintaining it (new security fixes
7 etc.) but I currently don't have the time to work on the open bugs:
8
9 32480 krb4 support for cvs is not implemented
10 49879 cvs should be setuid root in dev-util/cvs
11
12 Since they are cvs-server related (our cvs package is perfectly fine for
13 clients), experience with pserver/ext would help :)
14 (Note that the summary of the second bug is not the actual solution, but
15 just read the comments, would be cool if this got fixed (also minimizes
16 uid/gid bloat on the systems then ;-)
17
18 In case you are interested, feel free to drop me a little notice and
19 take those two bugs and change the metadata.xml afterwards.
22 Rainer