From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Multilib ABI identifiers for NEEDED.ELF.2 (GLEP 64) and binary package soname dependencies
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 09:50:24
1 On 03-01-2015 01:24:48 -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > In order to solve this problem, I propose that we extend NEEDED.ELF.2 to
3 > include a new field containing a multilib ABI identifier. The extension
4 > will be backward-compatible, and NEEDED.ELF.2 will only need to be
5 > regenerated on systems with multilib ABIs that are otherwise
6 > indistinguishable (multilib x32 and mips systems).
7
8 Wouldn't it be a good idea to use NEEDED.ELF.3 for this?
9
10 Fabian
13 Fabian Groffen
14 Gentoo on a different level