From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:14:53
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, 05 Nov 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 > In the past when smaller arches were not that active we used to
5 > mark Java packages stable after testing by at least one arch
6 > team. The probability to find arch specific issues in something
7 > like Java is not so high so I think arrangements like this are
8 > acceptable when the arch teams have problems keeping up.
9
10 For alpha, the java keywording policy is easy: don't.
11
12 We currently don't have any working JVM/JRE/JDK, so there's no
13 point in adding Java packages.
14
15 We *do* have dev-java/java-config keyworded, though the reason
16 escapes me at the moment :)
17
18 Regards,
19 Tobias