From: Mark Dierolf <mark@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few modest suggestions regarding tree size
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:55:48
1 What's unworkable about it? IMO, it may be difficult, but not unworkable.
2
3 It may be hard to modify portage now, but it should at least be thought about
4 for portage-ng or wherever things are going. Do we realistically think that
5 we should put installers for every single piece of software for gentoo on
6 every single users computer??? That road leads to insanity! What happens when
7 portage doubles in size - again? and again? and again?
8
9 Mark Dierolf
10