From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:58:18
1 On Friday 25 August 2006 21:41, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Personally, I'm opposed to a return that that hierarchy.  The idea
3 > that somehow desktop, server, and other such projects should sit at an
4 > exclusive top-table doesn't work for me.
5
6 While I am partly responsible for setting it up I have to admit that not only
7 did it not work then, it has never really worked. Worst of all was that most
8 of the work being done was not part of any project at all. Attempts like
9 desktop-research to develop some extra strengths for gentoo failed utterly.
10 It opened my eyes that indeed an open source community distribution is not an
11 organisation in the traditional sense.
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer