From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolution - GTK Useflag Situation
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:15:01
1 On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 13:43 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 [...]
3 > Your decision to remove the gtk2 use flag takes away control from people
4 > who were using it correctly (by what the description said). I'm not
5 > against having gtk2 on my systems, but I prefer gtk1 interfaces,
6 > primarily as they are a lot more lighter on memory and disk.
7 >
8 > I use USE='gtk -gtk2', and putting gtk2 in my local package.mask is not
9 > acceptable, because I do use applications with interfaces in gtk2 only
10 > sometimes.
11 >
12 > If your system has a way that I can get what I want, then that's fine,
13 > but it just doesn't seem to be included in your email.
16 I have a different solution that should, no doubt, satisfy both sides:
17
18 We fork Gentoo. Create a new distro, called GenOne. This distro will
19 include only older wares such as GTK1, Kernel 2.4, libc5, XFree86, devfs,
20 a.out binaries, DES passwords, etc. It will be just as good as Gentoo, but catered to
21 old-timers and and those who prefer to reminisce about the good ol' days.
22
23 -m
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list