From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to map a manually installed TeXLive (via tlmgr) properly on Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 21:02:42
1 Hi,
2
3 some users need recent TeX packages.
4 These users install TeXLive via tlmgr either for every user, or system
5 wide.
6 We are not able at the moment to provide a full set of TeX packages in
7 the Gentoo tree, which are less than a year old. Tlmgr users know how
8 many updates they get every week.
9
10 In a system wide installation one could add the list of provided
11 packages to package.provided and other tools, which depend on the
12 specific LaTeX packages can be installed properly.
13
14 What is the best way to continue without package.provided?
15 Should we prepare a virtual package for virtual/tlmgr and rewrite the
16 dependencies in the way, that either virtual/latex-base or virtual/tlmgr
17 can satisfy a package?
18
19 Any better ideas?
22 Best,