From: francis <francis.west@××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stage23
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:08:02
Hello guys,
	I've been experimenting with catalyst,  I was looking to deploy some
network appliances/embedded systems using catalyst.  I've been using
catalyst to build stages however i would like to have some more control
over what goes into them! and so I have a few questions!

1.  i would like to know if it is possible to control what gets compiled
into a stage3? and if so how?

2.  i would also like to be able to control how the packages are built,
i've added a new subarch and set some use parameters for that, but i
really wanted to go the full way,  i thought there would be a similar
option to 'grp/use:' for stage3 ?

3.  will FEATURES work from the envscript?  i am guessing setting USE=
will break the build system?

thank you, hopefully i've asked this on the right mailing list.