From: francis <francis.west@××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stage23
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:08:02
1 Hello guys,
2 I've been experimenting with catalyst, I was looking to deploy some
3 network appliances/embedded systems using catalyst. I've been using
4 catalyst to build stages however i would like to have some more control
5 over what goes into them! and so I have a few questions!
6
7 1. i would like to know if it is possible to control what gets compiled
8 into a stage3? and if so how?
9
10 2. i would also like to be able to control how the packages are built,
11 i've added a new subarch and set some use parameters for that, but i
12 really wanted to go the full way, i thought there would be a similar
13 option to 'grp/use:' for stage3 ?
14
15 3. will FEATURES work from the envscript? i am guessing setting USE=
16 will break the build system?
17
18 thank you, hopefully i've asked this on the right mailing list.
19
20 Francis
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list