From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #10 -- Proposal for restructuring the CVS regarding documentation wrt internationalization proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:44:15
1 On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 01:18:31PM +0300, Svyatogor wrote:
2 > I just want to clarify something. We are gonna have ${LANGUAGE}.gentoo.org
3 > -> www.gentoo.org/${LANGUAGE} which will contain the localised version of
4 > existing www.gentoo.org + links to community pages. Did I get it right?
5
6 Yes and no. The translation team can opt for having the whole site
7 translated, but it can also implement your next paragraph:
8
9 > Another proposal, which has been discussed for a while is that community
10 > pages (or rather 1 page) should actually be maintained by Gentoo itself.
11 > Other words, $LANG.gentoo.org rather than being a simple translation of
12 > existing of main website will be a localised page (please note the diff.
13 > between translation and localisation). Though this page will have to comply
14 > with some standarts, authors will be more or less free to add the
15 > information, which they feel is important for their community.
16
17 The translation team can edit its own index.xml file how it sees fit. Both
18 implementations are possible.
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen