From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoostats, SoC 2011
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:24:16
1 On 03:18 Fri 26 Aug , Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > I've picked this message as I want to address one point in this thread
3 > that was focused on this sub-thread. I disagree with the idea that
4 > adding an application to the Gentoo tree that collects data from users
5 > and sends it to a central (or distributed) system is the same as
6 > adding any other application to the tree. Having the ability to add
7 > ebuilds to the tree is part of what you gain by getting gentoo-x86
8 > access. Issues with significant users privacy concerns and substantial
9 > changes like adding packages to the tree that collect data from users
10 > and compile it,
11
12 Like, oh, any package with a built-in bug reporting system?
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17
18 Donnie Berkholz