From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-libs/tunepimp
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:43:53
1 I'm sending the last rites before the p.mask this time because I'm currently
2 occupied in the whole KDE commit so I'd rather not to mix stuff up.
3
4 Later today media-libs/tunepimp is going to be masked, the musicbrainz useflag
5 dropped, and removed in 30 days.
6
7 The reason is a security issue (bug #140184) together with the fact that 0.3
8 and 0.4 are now obsoleted by 0.5, but we cannot add 0.5 yet as only picard
9 (that is not in portage) supports it at this time.
10
11 Please note that, whenever a 0.5.x version, non-vulnerable, would be
12 needed/usable by software in portage, even during the 30 days masking period,
13 it could reappear normally. *But* I would really like to wait till upstream
14 decides on a format and an API because it was really too much in flux in the
15 last months.
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
19 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE