From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] various ebuild problems
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:21:16
1 On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 03:44, Jon Nelson wrote:
2 > I've been having some trouble lately.
3 > Until now, things have been pretty stable.
4 > However, I can't build galeon 0.12.5-r1, and I've been having some odd
5 > problems
6 > with emerge/ebuild.
7 > First, galeon: It dies during the configure stage:
8 >
9 > ....
12 > goblin galeon #
13 >
14 > NOTE: I do *not* have gnome in my USE flags.
15 > After applying the following diff, it will compile but still not build.
18 Hi
19
20 0.12.5-r1 was supposed to fix the applets problem, guess we will have to
21 either update the DEPEND or add a --disable-applet.
22
23 Now, please note that Galeon is a _GNOME_ browser. As stated in the
24 docs, it was intended as this, and will stay a gnome browser. So you
25 need Gnome for it to work.
26
27 If you want something similar, try Skipstone, which is a GTK+ only
28 browser, and do not depend on Gnome.
31 Greetings
34 Martin Schlemmer
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
36 Cape Town, South Africa