From: "John N. Laliberte" <allanonjl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gnome2.eclass and GNOME 2.14
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:25:52
1 Hello all,
2
3 The gnome2 eclass has one important change that may affect other ebuilds
4 in the tree.
5
6 We are defaulting to make DESTDIR=${D} install instead of using einstall.
7 This probably should have been switched a long time ago, but better late
8 than never.
9 Almost all the ebuilds use DESTDIR by default now anyways ( by setting
10 USE_DESTDIR ).
11
12 We are aware of a few packages that will need to be updated in order to
13 prevent access violations.
14
15 You will be able to revert to the old behavior by setting USE_EINSTALL in
16 your ebuild.
17
18 The change will take place between March 15th and March 17th. ( When GNOME
19 2.14 is put into package.mask )
20
21 If you know of any packages that may have issues, please file a blocker
22 against #119872.
23
24 Thanks,
25 -John (AllanonJL)