From: gentoo@faulhammer.org (Christian 'Opfer' Faulhammer)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: AT emerge info cruft > attachments on bugs.g.o
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:23:39
1 Tach Jeroen, 0x2B859DE3 (PGP-PK-ID)
2
3 Jeroen Roovers schrieb:
4 > Inlining emerge info in comments bloats the e-mail message to roughly
5 > 2.5 times the normal size. I could have spoken out to get AT comments
6 > banned altogether or to urge arches with AT teams to find a proper
7 > technical solution to communicate outside of bugs.g.o. I think using
8 > attachments instead of inlining is a pretty good temporary solution to a
9 > communication problem that has for now been solved by making every
10 > stabilisation bug report a dumping ground for a ton of information that
11 > becomes obsolete within a few days.
12
13 Basically you are right about "cruft", but the information the ATs submit
14 should be accessible to everyone so the actual solution without
15 attachments (because of more work) is the bestTM. What other ways of
16 communication between ATs and devs do you propose? Some kind of arch
17 Bugzilla? IMO it should be permanent with a link from the stabilisation
18 bug so that everyone (devs, users, ATs) can follow the path of
19 stabilisation.
23 V-Li
26 Fingerprint: 68C5 D381 B69A A777 6A91 E999 350A AD7C 2B85 9DE3
27 http://www.gnupg.org/