From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NEWS item for games destabling
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:26:41
1 Round 2 (with correct whitespace this time):
2
3 Title: No stable KEYWORDS for Gentoo Games
4 Author: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
5 Content-Type: text/plain
6 Posted: 2017-11-20
7 Revision: 1
8 News-Item-Format: 1.0
9 Display-If-Keyword: amd64 x86
10
11 As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
12 games packages, we have dropped all ebuilds maintained by the games
13 project to unstable KEYWORDS (without those required by other stable
14 packages). If you have any of these stable games packages installed,
15 you will have to add them to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/
16 manually. Failures related to missing stable KEYWORDS will show up as
17
18 The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
19 (see "package.accept_keywords" in the portage(5) man page for more
20 details)
21 # required by @selected
22 # required by @world (argument)
23 =games-action/0verkill-0.16-r4 ~amd64
24
25 While we accept that this will cause some irritation for the community,
26 pretending we have a well supported games collection by having a
27 wealth of stable games packages is misleading at best. We welcome
28 contributions from outsiders willing to polish up the games landscape
29 in Gentoo via the Proxy Maintainers.