From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: toolchain update was Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Questions for candidates for Gentoo Council 2013/2014
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 17:34:02
1 On Sat, 2013-07-06 at 09:36 -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Yes, it does need to be rebuilt if key deps are updated. The gcc
4 > > produced in the stage1 is broken, so won't run to rebuild itself during
5 > > the stage2 run.
6 >
7 > But we keep the old libs around via preserve_libs, and once stage1 is
8 > done we effectively throw the seed stage out.
11 It could be that I missed that combination of changes that could occur
12 during my testing. But I am quite sure that it failed for me. You
13 could always do some re-runs of those tests using an older seed stage
14 built against libmpc.so.1.