From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: stripping out the DO NOT REPLY from bugzie emails
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:33:06
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Benno Schulenberg wrote:
3 >> Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 >>> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Also, do not reply via email to the
5 >>> person whose email is mentioned below. To comment on this bug,
6 >>> please visit:
7 >>
8 >> Please consider lowercasing the first sentence, to stop the yelling,
9 >> and removing the repetition from the second sentence, which seems to
10 >> treat the addressee as retarded. Suggested replacement:
11 >
12 > Well, this really *is* targeting the "retarded". There are many people
13 > who just don't pay any attention at all and will reply directly to the
14 > bugzie email.
15
16 Then bugzilla-daemon should autorespond telling them to not reply to it
17 and post on the bug. There's no reason every single person needs to see
18 this. The most important aspect of retard-wrangling is to not target
19 everyone as a potential tard.
20
21 > There's also the people who like to argue with the bug
22 > commenter but don't want to do it on the bug (which will make them look
23 > like an idiot to *everyone*), so they email the person directly. With
24 > this warning, I can completely ignore those "retards" without feeling bad :)
25
26 Uhh... I'd rather be emailed directly than to clog up a bug report with
27 useless banter. And I'll often email a commenter directly if their comment
28 and/or my reply is off-topic. Yet somehow I don't spend a lot of time
29 window-licking or trying to wear my shoes as a hat.
33 fonts / wxWindows / gcc-porting / treecleaners
34 9B81 6C9F E791 83BB 3AB3 5B2D E625 A073 8379 37E8 (0x837937E8)
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list