From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of einstall
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 13:42:23
1 >>>>> On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 >>>>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
4 >> As I see it, we should simply ban einstall in EAPI 6. This way, we
5 >> can prevent further mistakes from happening and let developers fix
6 >> the current consumers once bumping EAPI (or lastrite them at some
7 >> point).
8
9 > It may be worth mentioning that econf in EAPI 6 will pass --docdir
10 > and --htmldir options to configure. These would take precedence over
11 > einstall's prefix="${ED}"/usr, i.e. einstall's path for documentation
12 > files would be broken because ${D} would be missing from it.
13
14 > So _if_ we decide to keep einstall, then we would have to pass
15 > additional docdir and htmldir variables. OTOH, maybe this would be a
16 > good occasion for getting rid of the function.
17
18 I see no further replies to this thread, so I will raise this as an
19 item for the next council meeting.
20
21 Currently, only 218 ebuilds are using einstall, which is less than
22 0.6 % of all ebuilds in the tree.
23
24 Ulrich